Change font size


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 22   [ 219 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ the Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Remember, no-one is listening until you fart.
Vehicle: '11 S-Edition - '91 Liberty LX

Posts: 4639
Location: Launceston, Tas
PCXT wrote:

If you are chasing a healthy 200 number don't go for a VF Turbo go bigger....it will be easier for you in the long run.

Look at Sufanni thread he go 250kws from a stocka motor....but he doesnt drive it every day :drinks:


Sennafumi has an AVO400L and he's lucky to drive his car once a month these days.

Is definately a better turbo to shoot for 200kw with than the VF turbos.

_________________
dazzz168 wrote:
"Ain't no one got time to change gears these days :lol:"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ the Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:45 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Back in the Game.
Vehicle: Blue MY16 Ts Sti foz

Posts: 14632
Location: Sydney NSW
Sorry wrong spelling again "Sennafumi"

_________________
Gone but not forgotten MY06 XTL 280kw foz 12.7@115mph

MY15 Premium Sti now Flexing to 240-300ws 12.4 @112mph had fueling issues :-(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ the Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:29 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY07 XTL 5spd

Posts: 65
Location: Newcastle, NSW
BJM wrote:
Sennafumi has an AVO400L and he's lucky to drive his car once a month these days.


That turbo is a pig on the street though.
The VFs seem be to be the most popular for street and sport rally applications.
I guess it is all about what your goals are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ the Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:30 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY07 XTL 5spd

Posts: 65
Location: Newcastle, NSW
PCXT wrote:
at 111000kms 30/7/2010 211.0kws VF30, TBE, I/C, Fuel Pump
at 123,400kms 27/1/2011 225.2kws Full Silicone Intake, PW CAI, I/C Sprayers, AOS, 3 PORT Boost controller.


In your opinion, what was the key component here that you got you from 211 to 225?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ the Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:41 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Nowhere near as much as I used to!
Vehicle: Gone but not forgotten-MY08 XT

Posts: 16235
Location: Sydney, AUS
blak wrote:
BJM wrote:
Sennafumi has an AVO400L and he's lucky to drive his car once a month these days.


That turbo is a pig on the street though.


You'd be surprised... the old 'Gump' GT with the 2.5L donk had a AVO400L fitted when I was a passenger in it, and it seemed very toey in general. Obviously not as responsive as the 30/34, but really not that far off it. Even though you don't hit full boost as early, at the same point in the rev range, you are still flowing more air at lower boost with the 400L than a 30/34. It's very deceptive!

AVO400L + headers seems to be a good bet on the 2.5L


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ the Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:47 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Up the bum no babies
Vehicle: Undead SH9

Posts: 2409
Location: Cairns, Queensland
blak wrote:
PCXT wrote:
at 111000kms 30/7/2010 211.0kws VF30, TBE, I/C, Fuel Pump
at 123,400kms 27/1/2011 225.2kws Full Silicone Intake, PW CAI, I/C Sprayers, AOS, 3 PORT Boost controller.


In your opinion, what was the key component here that you got you from 211 to 225?



probably the water spray. allows a much more consistent run on the dyno for tuning. as dyno fans can't accurately replicate airflow on the road. which in turn allows for much more tweaking in the timing and fuel injection side of things.

_________________
Image

''

Bram wrote:
And the only way for it to fit is with force and ripping flesh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ the Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:49 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Up the bum no babies
Vehicle: Undead SH9

Posts: 2409
Location: Cairns, Queensland
pete_mac wrote:
blak wrote:
BJM wrote:
Sennafumi has an AVO400L and he's lucky to drive his car once a month these days.


That turbo is a pig on the street though.


You'd be surprised... the old 'Gump' GT with the 2.5L donk had a AVO400L fitted when I was a passenger in it, and it seemed very toey in general. Obviously not as responsive as the 30/34, but really not that far off it. Even though you don't hit full boost as early, at the same point in the rev range, you are still flowing more air at lower boost with the 400L than a 30/34. It's very deceptive!

AVO400L + headers seems to be a good bet on the 2.5L


Ive gotta look into different headers, however I find the AVO400l quite good to drive on the street, as we previously discussed in a different thread, it's all about gear selection!!!

_________________
Image

''

Bram wrote:
And the only way for it to fit is with force and ripping flesh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ the Wheels
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:33 am 
User avatar

I Say: Back in the Game.
Vehicle: Blue MY16 Ts Sti foz

Posts: 14632
Location: Sydney NSW
blak wrote:
PCXT wrote:
at 111000kms 30/7/2010 211.0kws VF30, TBE, I/C, Fuel Pump
at 123,400kms 27/1/2011 225.2kws Full Silicone Intake, PW CAI, I/C Sprayers, AOS, 3 PORT Boost controller.


In your opinion, what was the key component here that you got you from 211 to 225?


In order.

PW CAI + Full Silicone (this is like putting cams in)
3 port (holds higher stable boost for longer)
I/C Sprayers (These just give more consistence to your power delivery)
AOS- NFI Hard to quantifie

They all work together Very well ;)

If I had to choose something to change, now it would be the Turbo, to a VF34 with a 20 housing. It would decrease spool time or be much the same and give higher torque figures...but it would not be much...Return on Investment would be minimal...

_________________
Gone but not forgotten MY06 XTL 280kw foz 12.7@115mph

MY15 Premium Sti now Flexing to 240-300ws 12.4 @112mph had fueling issues :-(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 225.2Kws @ 17.5 PSI
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:25 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Arguing on OZFOZ is like putting a 13b in a HJ. :)
Vehicle: 13 amarok, 13 Veloster

Posts: 14494
Location: Frankston, Victoria
If you're chasing more power, just tune it in SA...
:lol:

:thumbs:




(joke guys, come on, relax, ease up!)

_________________
Tip for modding: Pick 2 from below:
FAST, CHEAP, RELIABLE...



www.crispmods.com or Visit my EBAY store for a quick look at some products


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PCXT MY06XTL 278.1Kws @ 20 PSI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:59 am 
User avatar

I Say: Back in the Game.
Vehicle: Blue MY16 Ts Sti foz

Posts: 14632
Location: Sydney NSW
New results for 2013 with 6 speed
Image
Older Results
Attachment:
Dyno Run 278     1.jpg
Dyno Run 278 1.jpg [ 96.85 KiB | Viewed 330 times ]

Stock it was 130 :o
Attachment:
278.1 ....2.jpg
278.1 ....2.jpg [ 104.84 KiB | Viewed 266 times ]

Attachment:
278.1        3.jpg
278.1 3.jpg [ 102.78 KiB | Viewed 217 times ]

_________________
Gone but not forgotten MY06 XTL 280kw foz 12.7@115mph

MY15 Premium Sti now Flexing to 240-300ws 12.4 @112mph had fueling issues :-(


Last edited by PCXT on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 22   [ 219 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
"Takka LE" for phpBB3