Change font size
It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 396 of 418   [ 4171 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399 ... 418  Next
 Post subject: Re: ExRex's WRB MY09 XTP - Heater Core Mod! >P395
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:26 pm 

Vehicle: MY06XT

Thats good news then if its the case. Dash out sounds painful haha
As for the carpet, only thing i can think of is actually removing it and just washing with water to dilute/flush out the coolant, then let it dry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:47 pm 

I Say: I f'kn love driving on LSD!
Vehicle: MY09 XTP WRB 6MT

Dan_284 wrote:
Thats good news then if its the case. Dash out sounds painful haha
As for the carpet, only thing i can think of is actually removing it and just washing with water to dilute/flush out the coolant, then let it dry.

Yeah, I seem to recall seeing a rubber plug in the floorplan. I think the coolant prob does more damage to paint than carpet from what I hear :dontknow:

MY09 XTP 6MT WRB | 242kW | 'Forged' | ECUTEK RaceRom 98+E85 | STi 6MT | ID1000's | AEM CAI | Perrin Inlet | MRT TMIC | Killer B ELH | PTP Blanket | BNR EVO3 16G | TCP TBE | BBS RS-GT (street) | SSR TypeC (track) | Brembo | Cusco | KiDo | Whiteline | STi | KartBoy | Prova | Saikou Michi | Ganador
GARAGE SALE HEL Rear Lines, SH9 4.44 R160, Liberty 3.9 R160

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:11 pm 

Vehicle: MY06XT

Yeah for sure, similar to brake fluid
Only problem with leaving the carpet in the car is that i think theres material/foam insulation on the floor? Which would have soaked it up/be a pain to dry
Who knows man, im sure youll sort it out!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:16 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 Subaru Forester

Hey mate,

I would love to sit through 396 pages to somewhere find in there what brand the ganador mirrors are & if they are for forester or retrofitted from something else, but ill just ask. On another note this thing is mint!!!!

Thanks mate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:41 am 

Dan_284 wrote:
Yeah for sure, similar to brake fluid
Only problem with leaving the carpet in the car is that i think theres material/foam insulation on the floor? Which would have soaked it up/be a pain to dry
Who knows man, im sure youll sort it out!

Haha, still no action on the carpets... moving house sure chews some time. Will get to it eventually once the heater core is fixed :thumbs:
s3foz wrote:
Hey mate,

I would love to sit through 396 pages to somewhere find in there what brand the ganador mirrors are & if they are for forester or retrofitted from something else, but ill just ask. On another note this thing is mint!!!!

Thanks mate

Hey s3foz, the brand is Ganador and these particular mirrors are now a discontinued model AFAIK. You can get the later model with indicators built in I believe, but hard to find under $600 delivered :o The 1st page of this thread has all the links to any mods I've done :thumbs: Ganadors are here >
And thanks, the Foz has turned out OK :ok:

MY09 XTP 6MT WRB | 242kW | 'Forged' | ECUTEK RaceRom 98+E85 | STi 6MT | ID1000's | AEM CAI | Perrin Inlet | MRT TMIC | Killer B ELH | PTP Blanket | BNR EVO3 16G | TCP TBE | BBS RS-GT (street) | SSR TypeC (track) | Brembo | Cusco | KiDo | Whiteline | STi | KartBoy | Prova | Saikou Michi | Ganador

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:49 pm 

To say lots has been happening over the last month is an understatement - Sold our house of 15 years, finished building our new house, went on a backcountry snow camping adventure, moved house, built a shed, kitted out the new garage and this...

WRXSAs 'Eblens Subaru Collingrove Hillclimb Challenge' 27.9.15
A long time vision, this was the club's first attempt at running a privately held day of hillclimbing at Collingrove and it was by far the best day I've ever had out there. Could not have hoped for a better event in every respect. Huge thanks to the weather, the people, the cars, the track, the times, the organisers, the marshalls, the sponsors, who all worked together to create an awesome atmosphere and day of competition. With almost 40 club members competing we had first timers setting their own benchmarks, and plenty of us more experienced hillclimbers smashing their long standing PB's.

The semi-slicks finally got to show their full potential with a warm track, full sun and temps around 25°C. My own personal PB that I’ve struggled to improve on for 2 seasons got smashed! All runs except the last one which I aborted (bit of a sideways scare) were quicker than my old PB. Old PB was 36.50, new PB 35.78… not quite up there with the leaders, but well happy to be pushing the Foz somewhere close to some of the other weapons and drivers out there. Finished 11th out of 39 cars outright and 5th out of 10 in my 'Modified' class, all WRX and STi. The Foz held it's own for sure :twisted:

Split times:
Run 1 - 7.50 21.17 35.94
Run 2 - 7.77 21.41 35.94
Run 3 - 7.45 21.14 36.15
Run 4 - 7.86 21.70 36.37
Run 5 - 7.47 21.42 35.92
Run 6 - 7.59 21.40 35.78
Run 7 - 7.77 21.36 36.01
Run 8 - Aborted - 7.63 22.83 40.92

As far as my own driving and setup goes... There is definitely room for improvement, my first sector including the launches was around 7.5 sec's on average while others are running 7.0 down to 6.5. If I can just grow a set and launch harder it should put me right up the rankings as I'm quicker over other sections of the track. Only complaint with the Foz is still the one particular corner that is a big compression and right hand turn... I swear the stability control (Traction Control is off) is braking the outside front wheel and really unsettling the Foz - It's just in the bit leading up to a long fast section so is really hurting my times. We need to find a way to totally disable this interference in the SH9. Also ran 29psi hot for the tyres, and backed off the front suspension damping 20 clicks from hard, and rear 15 clicks from hard (40 clicks avail). The Foz feels awesomely well balanced now in all other respects - I think I've finally got a decent handle on driving the new diff's and extra traction :ok: Really can't wait to get out there again :twisted:

I think there will be plenty more great photos to come from the day, but here's a few:

My first PB for the day:

And final PB for the day:

Post subject: Re: ExRex's WRB MY09 XTP - Best Collingrove By Far! >P397
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

Good stuff!!! :thumbs:

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:24 pm 

I Say: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition WR Blue

Great work ExRex! :thumbs:
Love the glimpse of the blue brembo's on that tight left corner. :mrgreen:

Phat-GT - Perrin RSB - PW Verticooler - HKS ES Premium - AVO Castor Correction - Liberty Brakes - Pedders Springs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:42 pm 

I Say: It's always sliding season!
Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Nice work Russ!!

MY09 XTP | 177kW | MRT XC Power Kit | VF52 Turbo | MRT SS TBE | Whiteline RSB & ALK | KiDo Front Srut Bar | HyperFlow TMIC | Liberty GT Front Brakes | Flappy Paddles | TurboSmart Kompact BOV | AVO Silicone TB hose | B&M SuperCooler | Pedders SportsRyder Suspension | SG9 STi Rims |

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:59 pm 

I Say: This one is staying stock...
Vehicle: GC8Track/NFIIFairlane/MY12STi

Who would have thought tyres could make such a difference..... :lol:

Awesome result mate. I love reading posts where people are pumped about racing! You thanked everyone.. lol!!

GC8 Track build - http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=43199
NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 396 of 418   [ 4171 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399 ... 418  Next